Today I have a list of things I wish I would have known as a pre-teen. Mostly for reference in the future... the future meaning, now or around this time. Just a list of things I wish someone would have let me know so I didn't have to figure it out myself.
- Wear clothes that you want to wear. Your style is your own. It doesn't matter if you wear pink one day and all black the next. Style is important to your personality.
- Say whats on your mind. If you have an opinion, share it. Don't let anyone bring you down about what you think. Everyone needs to hear an opinion from others.
- DO NOT let people push you around. (This is something I struggle with) It may not seem like it at the time, but even if its small, letting someone tell you to do something or say something you don't want to do, just don't.
- Its good and healthy to have feelings. (Something else I have a problem with!) Your personality may be straight faced and seem like a brick wall sometimes but don't let that stop you from feeling happy or even sad. Being unemotional is good sometimes but not all the time. Its not fun.
- People change and you might too.
- If someone ditches you. Please. Don't let it hurt you so much even if it was someone you really cared about. Sometimes you have to move on.
- You can be a jerk and be totally hilarious at the same time. Okay but seriously, sometimes people need to hear some feedback, especially if they are personally aggravating the heck out of you. In this case, go for it. And if I'm bothering you, you can tell me off too. Just make sure I laugh at you while you do it.
- Sarcasm is not always appropriate... yes, its hard but sometimes you need to realize which people are hurt by it.
- Be obsessed with at least one thing. Doesn't matter what is it. An animal, a band, a color, snowflakes. Pick something and yes, let it consume you. Let something, at least for once, be what you think about all the time. What go after, where you get your inspiration from.
- Read books. Its good for your brain.
- People will think you are stupid. Sometimes it seems like everyone loves you and then the next second, theres that one person that seems to hate your guts. Thats fine. Don't let it get to you.
- Some people are lame. Like, real downers. It might take a long time to realize it, but some people are not worth it. If they are bringing more negativity into your life than positivity, you don't deserve that. That does not mean they with be like that to everyone, but maybe they just will never click with you.
- If you don't want to smile. Don't. Just don't bother. It will make you feel worse. Instead, find something that makes you smile